Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Wonders of Physics

Earlier this year, I participated in a public demonstration lecture called the Wonders of Physics. In this year's show I demonstrated the physics of board-breaking.

I had a lot of fun, and you can find a video from a friend of mine, showing my participation in one of the earlier shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eQWRLZG1rU

The official web site for the Wonders of Physics, where you can see all of the shows over the years, is here: http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/wop.htm

I had a lot of fun, and it is a nice to give such presentations to the public, who hopefully will become interested in physics.

3 comments:

  1. This kind of demonstration provides another justification for teaching Earth science after instead of before basic biology chemistry, physics and statistics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I always wondered about that order. As it was for me in high school, everything was taught from most general to most basic (likely due to difficulty)

    Earth Science -> Biology -> Chemistry -> Physics

    ReplyDelete
  3. When in reality it ought to be Physics->Chemistry->Earth Science->Biology

    ReplyDelete