Friday, September 17, 2010

Downplaying the Hawking-Mlodnow "Grand Design" Controversy

People, mostly reporters, have been driving me crazy again. Specifically, they are making statements about the new book, "Grand Design," by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodnow without quoting the book directly. Now, let me say up front that I have not yet read the book. I have heard the statements that Hawking has made in the past along the lines of, "God is not necessary to the creation of the universe." At no point, including in this book, has either author made that statement that God does not exist, nor that God did not create the universe.

Despite this, reports are that they have said these things in their book. Having seen statements made by the authors and listening to interviews with Mlodnow, I cannot believe that people are ignoring the authors!

Come on people! Stop making an issue out of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment