Friday, August 20, 2010

Hellow World

Hello everyone! My name is George, and I used to write a column on The Citizen Scientist (an e-publication put out by the Society for Amateur Scientists) called The Mind of a Theorist. This publication has ended (along with my column), at least temporarily, so I have relaunched it here.

The goal of the column was to provide good content about theoretical physics in an educational way.

I was forced to change the format due to editorial interference.

I want to return to the old way of doing it.

To that end, I will be going over my old columns and resurrecting them for the dead here. In some cases I will not change much, while in some I will trash the old and ring in the new right away.

With each post I will discuss a physics news item, my research, a topic of interest to readers, a comment from a post, or other such. I will also present something educational; something to help you become a theoretical physicist - even an amateur one; and then once a week I will issue a theorist challenge. At the moment, I will not be able to provide any prizes, but if I get enough support that might happen. I will always answer the challenge in the next week.

About me: I am the President of the nonprofit organization Madison Area Science and Technology (MAST). We do science without regard to credentials. You can check out our web site at http://www.madscitech.org/ .

That is all for now, I will now check out how to include mathematical symbols in text.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment